Swacked itself is separated into two parts: the main editor which works on entire document (as any normal editor of a wiki resource) and Inlinedit which provides per-node editing.
Unlike Swacked which can work out-of-the-box Inliedit requires some changes to the server-side application that will serve it with document and environment information.
As of now, Swacked + Inlinedit are in alpha stage – most features have been implemented but some are yet incomplete. You can view current progress at this page. Note that currently it only works in Firefox.
Swacked main features are:
- buttons for quick insertion of all markup tokens (** for bold, (( for link, etc.);
- automatic indentation for lists and indented paragraphs;
- smart closing/reopening of a nearby token by a single button;
- customizable hotkeys;
- auxiliary text processing features: removing blank/matching/non-matching lines, Find & Replace both by string and regexp, converting character case, etc.;
- saving drafts (with autosaving) with a special API allowing custom storage;
- customization of edit area (font face, size, letter/line spacing, etc.).
When installed, Inlinedit adds the following features:
- per-node editing – double-click on any part of the text and a window with only its contents will be opened allowing you to focus on that fragment alone;
- previewing – also node-based;
- file uploads – with automatic cleaning and custom server backend API;
- file browser – lists existing clusters and files; shows preview for images; also has numerous options:
- matching file name by wildcard, regexp,
- matching file by type (page, image, etc.), change date and other fields;
- recursive browsing,
If you have suggestions or other feedback we encourage you to create a topic on our forum (feel free to write in English even if most posts there are in Russian now).